Doing the right thing refers to how to live ethically and strategies to make decisions that are right, moral, and ethical, we can expand this definition to include doing the right thing for your body, mind, and soul as well as doing the right thing for others.
“The time is always right to do the right thing”- King Martin Luther
The writer C.S. Lewis famously said, “Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” But the truth is, research has shown time and again that people are more honest when they know they’re being watched.
Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught. Its not true!! Wrong is wrong even though you dont get caught right away though It will eventually be caught.
The great John Wooden once said: “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are…the true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching.”
- Extend help to others even if no one gets to knows that you helped.
- Be kind to others always and show compassion even if there is no audience to applaud.
- Do unto others as you want them to do to you, come what may.
- Always be consistent with your deeds, be human.
- Right is right even if you end up doing it all alone and wrong is wrong even if all others are doing.
- Standing the test of the time happens only on doing the right thing when no one is watching.
To act or behave correctly, appropriately, or with the best intentions must be followed always irrespective of being observed. Lets not forget Karma is watching over continously and awaiting its chance to return back. Hence Do it right even in the absence of audience. It purifies and heals the soul. Live your soul #GoNatural.