“The master of the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which; he simply pursues his vision of excellence in whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he is always doing both.” – Buddha
“Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it’s only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential.” – Barack Obama
“If you want to be faithful to someone, start by being faithful to yourself.” – Paulo Coelho
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
Never ignore the following signs:
1. You don’t wake up excited and motivated in the morning. Routine is so casual and there is nothing new to be explored.
2. You have really “high highs” and really “low lows.” Emotions are very extreme and reactions to it are equally
3. Your life isn’t entirely fulfilling you anymore.
4. You’re surrounded by people who are bringing you down.
5. You’re ignoring your dreams because you’re scared to move on.
6. You’re working in a job that depletes you of energy.
7. You feel stuck in the “rat race” but don’t know the next step.
They need serious and immediate corrections:
1. Make your motivations intrinsic.- To remove those “low low” feelings, focus on intrinsic incentives like relationships, contribution, and personal growth. Create a life around them and you’ll be super On Purpose.
2. Live in integrity with your values.- To help find your values, question things. Try stuff out. Experiment. Do the opposite of what you were told. Step outside of the box. CRACK YOUR COMFORT ZONE! And then *reflect on what’s important to you.* Once you know what’s important to you and the more that you act in accordance with those values, the better you’re gonna feel about yourself.
3. Become comfortable with feeling uncomfortable.- Feel that discomfort, and despite its presence, go do what you need to do. The more you do that, the less uncomfortable you’ll feel in the future. Make it a game to become comfortable being uncomfortable and you’ll be finding meaning in life much sooner.
4. Embark on the Hero’s Journey.- In order to create an extraordinary life, you’re going to need to walk away from what you know. You’re going to have to face your fears, improve your conditioning, and create your own unique path. You’re going to feel scared, excited, and alive!
5. Combine your strengths with your passions.- Science is suggesting that instead of focusing on your weaknesses, cultivate your strengths. This is what will make you extraordinary. Then use your strengths to do things that make you excited and watch a sense of confidence and fulfillment appear within you.
6. Avoid the trap of validation.- : In order to find and live your purpose, you’re gonna need to become indifferent of other people’s opinions of you. This goes for both the good and the bad opinions of other people — they can both be used as forms of validation if unchecked. Here’s a counter-intuitive tidbit of wisdom: The less you look for other people’s approval, the more of it they’ll give to you.
Love yourself, live yourself, give your self a purpose of life and make it big. Finally live your soul. #GoNatural