Investing in yourself may be the most profitable investment you ever make. The effort you put into consistently investing in yourself plays a large role in determining the quality of your life now and in the future.
- Develop your skills
Improving your skills doesn’t always mean investing in higher education, though that’s surely an option, and perhaps a necessary one depending upon your career field. Investing in your knowledge and skills can take many forms. In addition, expanding your level of knowledge and skill isn’t limited to the business arena and doesn’t necessarily need to be formal. There are many “skill investment” avenues.
- Advance your education
- Utilize available training.
- Expand your knowledge
- Explore your creative side
As kids we are really creative particularly because we were so curious to know everything. As we grow up, the kiddo in us becomes quiet and we become the part of the world, that world which expects us to behave in a certain way, follow protocols and act as matured. However let the child in you be alive always and bring in the best out of you. Explore things you loved to do as a child. Each one of us is unique and blessed with unique skills. Do some of the following:
- Learn a new language to want to be able to speak in
- Try cooking you love to eat
- Write something you enjoy.
- Explore the outside world – try gardening, bird watching, or landscape photography
- Enjoy music – play an instrument, learn a new one or join a music group of some kind.
- Create something tangible – paint, sculpt, make pottery, make jewelry or design your own clothes.
- Choose some form of activity that you have never tried, haven’t practiced in years, or have never explored fully.
- Nurture your mind and body
Nourishment of the body and mind is equally important and needs to be done regularly. It is like feeding the right ingredients to get the best taste of the food. Physical and mental fitness complement each other and get you going happier, stressfree, productive and longer. It obviously builds you strong making your determination strongest. De-clutter your mind and body of the toxins around. Breathe fresh air and think fresh. Do some of the following:
- Read something that interests you
- Explore different cultures and traditions; connect with people from different backgrounds.
- Open your mind and engage in healthy conversations.
- Keep your mind active – play word games, board games that include strategy, or do some mental mathethics.
Pamper for your body. Nurture it, nourish it, care for it and love it. Remember the basics:
- Give it high quality inputs: make healthy food choices as often as possible. What you eat does play a large role in your energy and ability to perform. You truly are what you eat.
- Don’t push it too hard: rest and relax often, slow down and don’t overload your system. Do one thing at a time.
- Get regular and necessary maintenance: go to the doctor when your sick – don’t put it off until you totally break down. Better yet, use preventative maintenance; get check-ups, take appropriate vitamins and pay attention to irregular or erratic behavior.
- Be presentable and look nice: take care of the outside too. Many people dismiss this as frivolous and self-indulgent, but it’s not, as long as you don’t go overboard. We’re not talking about facelifts and Botox, we’re talking about getting a fabulous haircut, and wearing clothes that make you feel confident and attractive.
Investing in yourself truly makes a difference in your life, your well-being, and your ability to thrive and perform to the best of your ability. The extent to which you invest in yourself, mind and body, not only shapes the way you interact with the outside world, it often reflects the opinion you have of yourself. Your future is in large part determined by your willingness and ability to invest in yourself now. Remember – If you don’t trust yourself, no one else will!!!
Live your soul.#GoNatural